Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Loss is Goodwill's Gain

I haven't mentioned it yet, but in the three months since my surgery (it will be exactly 3 months on the 19th of this month), I have lost an amazing 67 pounds! I have NEVER been able to lose this amount of weight in my life. I have no regrets about having surgery- well, let me take that back. My only regret is that I did not do it years ago.
Anyway, today was a horribly hot and humid day in the Minneapolis area, so I spent my day indoors going through my closets and dressers. I was trying to not buy any new clothes for awhile yet, but last week a friend told me it was time to get rid of my old big, baggy shirts that I was still wearing to work. I didn't think I looked that bad, but the truth is I really never look in the mirror before leaving for work. I just throw something on and leave the house. So I didn't realize how bad I was looking in the sloppy clothes that are several sizes too big for me now.

Me wearing a coat I bought just last winter. Way too big for me now.

I ended up with 4 large garbage bags full of clothes that are pretty much falling off of me now. I kept a couple of shirts and a pair of pants so I can get some good before and after pics once I get to my goal weight. I can't wait to get to that point!

About half of what I pulled out of my closet to give away. Sad thing is many of these pieces still have the tags on!


An expensive suit I used for interviewing. 4-5 sizes too big now.

It's hard not to mentally add up how much money is going into the Goodwill bags, but talk about motivation! Physically, I didn't really realize feel how much weight I had lost. These clothes sure are evidence that something is working!



Align Left

No comments:

Post a Comment